Facebook has now opened the use of “Stories” for pages. Before now, individuals could post “Stories” on facebook and Pages did not have this option. Now facebook Stories is an option for businesses and brands.
Pages will see the Stories option rolling out over the next month, according to Facebook.
Most people have seen them on Snapchat. Then, Instagram made it more successful than Snapchat did. Now, facebook is using them after getting request from users. Keep in mind, Instagram is owned by Facebook, so it wasn’t a huge stretch for facebook to implement Stories.
According to Facebook product manager, Amy Sun,
We’ve been listening to our community and working to make it fast, fun and easy for people and Pages to create Stories on Facebook
What are Facebook “Stories”?
According to Facebook: Stories lets you “share multiple photos and videos as pat of a visual collection atop news feed.”
Your Story will be available for 24 hours once you publish it.
To help with Stories, Facebook updated its camera. To access it, tap on the camera icon on the top left corner (if you are in the news feed, swipe right). You can apply masks, interactive filters and frames to your videos or photos.
Ever wanted to add falling snow to your video or photo? Now you can.
How to share your Facebook Stories
Your Facebook Stories can be shared directly with a friend or published as a story. If you share it with a friend, they can view your story once and replay it or write a reply. When the conversation on the video or photo ends, the video or photo is no loger visible in Direct share.
Trying to post a Facebook Story on Your Business Page?
- Open your Facebook app
- Tap the “Your Story” icon located in the Stories bar at the top of your news feed
- (or tap the camera icon in the top left of your screen)
- (or swipe right from the news feed)
- Tap the record button to take a photo
- Tap and hold the record button to take a video
- To save you new photo or video, tap the download icon
- If you want to use a photo or video already on your phone, upload a photo or video from your camera roll
How to Add Effects to Facebook Story for Pages:
- Follow the above steps for uploading or capturing new photo or video
- Swipe up oe touch the effects icon to add masks, frames or camera effects
- The Aa icon allows you to add a caption
- The doodle icon allows you to doodle
- When ready to add your story, tap Your Story
- Then tap Send
Have more questions about Facebook Stories? Check out their help center.